Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And 'round the tree grew a vine.

I'm beginning to wonder if this is all just a byproduct of an extremely hyper active imagination.

It wouldn't be the first time that's happened, given my utterly
ridiculous habit of being incredibly susceptible to even the subtlest of mental suggestions - but there's something off about the whole thing, like it's forced with the kind of natural awkwardness you only serve to exemplify in your conscious moments, only to realize later on that you weren't actively thinking about it, only thought you were because you'd catch yourself in the middle of cheerful conversation throwing looks of panicked paranoia around you whenever things go dark and too quiet.

I thought I saw something earlier today, when I was out running errands for the war machine that is my employer, when I had to cut through an unusually long stretch of underground parking. The jarring difference between the noisy sunshine I'd been submersed in to the quiet coolness was startling, and I caught myself scrutinizing corners and holding my breath, goosebumps on my skin.
'Get a grip,' I thought. 'You're playing to much into the paranoia.' To be honest, that I probably was; but the pragmatically cloud coocoolander in me realized, later on when I was back at home - It's pretty fucking hard to imagine nausea and distraction in someone who practically lives off rainbows and butterflies.


I wonder - against my better judgement I went back online and started delving deeper into the whole 'Slender Man Mythos', just to see if I could find possible and logical explainations. Like maybe it was mass enduced hysteria, but on a smaller scale. And besides; what would the Slender Man even be doing here? Didn't he h(a)unt the Norther Hemisphere? That's a pretty long way from where I'm from - until I stumble across an article that disccusses how he's been seen in places like Australia and Germany, and Iraq of all places... And suddenly the fright factor is amplified, in the sense that I doubt anyone else in my little neck of the woods would even be aware of the Mythos. Luck bastards.

I'll be going to have my eyes checked tomorrow at the hospital I hate going to. Part of me is screaming that that elongated, emancipated shadow I keep catching in the corner of my eye is a result of abused optics, and that the doctors will prove it, but... It's too convenient, so we'll just see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment